SERVPRO franchise professionals understand your situation. As an agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claims costs down while still providing the best services possible for your customers.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are uniquely qualified to help. Our results create a measurable difference, giving you many competitive advantages.
Emergency Response to Claims
Restoring property is the SERVPRO franchise professional's first priority. Your customer will appreciate the immediate response and you will know everything is being done to limit the damage.
Pretesting Reduces Claims Expense
Restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. Claims Professionals know the rule is, "Restore whenever possible, replace only when necessary." SERVPRO franchise professionals make sure pretesting is completed on every loss to determine restorability.
Claims Inventory Service
SERVPRO franchise professionals can provide an itemized loss inventory. You will receive an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items.
Electronic Claims Information
Our Claims Information Center provides fast, accurate information you need to make sound decisions, including:
- A Complete Electronic Job File.
- First Notice of Loss.
- Detailed Estimate.
- Digital Loss Photos.
- Scanned Forms and Paperwork.
- All delivered by email or hard copy.
- On-line Access to All Files.
- New Assignments.
- Pending Jobs.
- Completed Jobs.
- Informative Reports to Improve Results
- Performance Comparison to Industry Standard.
Superior, Time-Tested Training
Effective training is the best way to help ensure your customers receive the service they deserve. Franchises are trained to IICRC standards in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration. In addition, continuing education classes are available to franchise professionals and insurance clients at our state-of-the-art IICRC Approved Training Facility.
Vendor Qualification Compliance and Professionalism
If you call SERVPRO, we will use only qualified vendors to service your customer. That commitment resulted in:
- A Customer Care Center to achieve prompt handling of the claim.
- Implementation of best practices and job process programs.
- National Accounts qualification criteria and annual compliance checks.
- Crew and vehicle standards.
- Insurance requirements.
- File documentation requirements.
- Quality assurance program.
Serving Adjusters and Their Clients
A SERVPRO franchise professional's job is to reassure the customer, perform quality service and to report to you quickly. We know your job is to interpret the policy and adjust the claim... and not to deal with problems from vendors! Working together we strive to save you time so you can focus on priority files, while having complete control of every loss you are assigned. 24-hour emergency response, damage mitigation, loss assessment, and an electronic file are available to you within hours. SERVPRO franchise professionals’ documented, measured performance increases value to you and your shareholders, managers and customers.
Hard-earned results have made SERVPRO leaders in the fire and water cleanup and restoration industry. The SERVPRO System is geared to achieve customer satisfaction and mitigation results, adding to your company’s competitive advantage.
April Showers bring May Mold
Spring is finally here, the temperatures are rising and the rains are coming. All this increase in humidity and moisture can create a perfect environment in homes or businesses. A water damage event in the home or business creates an even higher chance of a mold event occurring if it is not dried out properly. If you notice mold in your home or business give us a call here at SERVPRO at 914-684-1560
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
WHY SERVPRO? SERVPRO has a proven history of re mediating mold successfully in homes and businesses throughout.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to re mediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (914) 684-1560 OR TOLL FREE AT 800-967-6663.
We handle it so you do not have to
Running a home or business can be stressful. The day to day tasks that need to be done to keep home and business running can be daunting and tiring. The last thing that you need is a sewage back-up, toilet overflow, pipe break, fire or even mold. SERVPRO of is the assurance you need to keep these issues from being overwhelming.
Our techs are IICRC certified and have years of experience dealing with the issues of flooding, sewage back ups, fire and even mold. The IICRC is a certification and standard-setting non-profit organization for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries. The training received by our techs allows us to handle all of the unpleasant and difficult parts of a sewage clean-up, pipe break, fire or mold remediation. These tasks are handled in an experienced, timely and professional manner.
We work hand in hand with your home or business insurance and will work hard to get your home or business back to “Like it never even happened.” If your home or business has been affected by any of these issues, SERVPRO is here 24 hours a day 7 days a week, call us anytime.
Grilling Safety Tips
Every year, 7,000 Americans are injured while using backyard barbecue grills. It's usually a case of good products used incorrectly.
We want to help you enjoy the grilling season safely.
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house.
- Clean your grill regularly.
- Check for gas leaks.
- Keep decorations away from your grill.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy.
- Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill.
- Turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed.
- Leave a grill unattended.
- Overload your grill with food.
- Use a grill indoors.
We hope these tips help you to have a safe and fun summer grilling season!
If you have any issues do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle at 914-684-1560.
Campfire Safety Tips
With Summer approaching fast you might already be dreaming of upcoming camping trips with friends and family. Camping is a great way to unwind and relax with our loved ones and decompress. However, camping usually means campfires will be started and they can pose a huge safety risk if not utilized properly. Keep reading for some of our favorite campfire safety tips over here at SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle:
- A fire pit is the only place that a campfire should be built. If you’re in a remote area that doesn’t have a pit, dig your own in an open area away from hanging branches or power lines. Once your makeshift pit is built, make sure to circle it with rocks.
- Once your pit is successfully built, it’s time to safely start your actual campfire. Start with items that will easily catch fire, such as dried leaves and grass. Next, kindle the fire with small twigs and sticks to allow the fire to build. Now it’s time for bigger pieces of wood to be slowly added to the fire. Remember, the fire doesn’t have to be roaring to be effective!
- Keep water and a shovel handy. The water will come in handy for any runaway flames and the shovel will allow you to throw any sand or dirt on flames that break the perimeter of your pit.
- Ensure your fire is at least 15 feet away from anything flammable. A strong gust of wind can spread your fire in a split second and it’s best to keep 15 feet of distance to ensure it doesn’t gain any traction.
- NEVER leave a campfire unattended!
- Make sure the campfire is extinguished properly. To do so, you should dump water on the fire, stir the ashes with a shovel, then dump more water on the fire to ensure all flames are put out. Once the campfire is cold, you can leave it unattended.
Be smart, be safe and remember the tips and tricks your friends here at SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle have taught you!
Protect and Prepare Your Business
If you own a business, you need to care for it like you would your own home. With the unpredictable Spring weather upon us, it’s time to prepare for strong winds and rainfall and protect your business. Keep reading for some tips and tricks to help avoid a major loss and blow to your business:
- Confirm coverage with your business insurance.
- Make sure to shore up your landscaping to prevent any damage that can be caused by trees.
- Hire a certified arborist. They can check the trees around your business and recommend steps to prune, stabilize and remove unsafe trees.
- Get your roof checked by a licensed, bonded, and insured roofing professional to perform a commercial roofing inspection in either the spring or the fall. They will be looking for aging or weathering of materials, loose or missing shingles, bubbles, tears, cracks, etc.
- Think about securing your company vehicles in either a garage or carport. If you don’t have access to either, make sure they are in a secure location away from any unsafe trees, power lines or debris.
If you do find yourself in the middle of a major loss due to pesky weather, give SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle a call at 914-684-1560. We are more than happy to help get your business back to normal in no time.
Mold & Your Business
As you may have already guessed, mold can present a serious hazard to your business. It can present a health hazard for both you and your employees, which results in lost work and productivity. It doesn’t matter if you’ve experienced a tiny roof leak or a massive water damage, keep reading for some tips and tricks to help you and your business avoid serious mold issues:
- Keep all flood insurance current and all documentation quickly accessible.
- Install proper ventilation in areas that tend to accumulate a lot of steam and/or moisture. You can do this by installing fans or vents overhead.
- Think about buying monitors that can give you simple moisture readings and alert you of any spikes.
- Leave the cleaning to professionals and steer clear of bleach. It still has water in it, so while it may kill some of the spores, it will still add additional moisture to the area.
- If you find any items that you suspect may have mold on them, get rid of the contaminated items as soon as possible.
- If you suspect that you may have mold, do not hesitate to get an inspection done in your building right away.
If you do find yourself with mold issues, SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle is able to help. Our technicians are trained to properly remediate the affected areas and get your business running smoothly in no time. Give us a call at 914-684-1560.
Thunder & Lightning Precautions
With Spring & Summer storms, come thunder and lightning. While they may be interesting to watch, they can pose some serious safety hazards. Due to this, it’s very important that you follow safety precautions when you find yourself in the middle of a thunderstorm. Keep reading to find out some of SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle’s go-to thunderstorm safety tips:
- Lightning most often strikes individuals who work outside or engage in a lot of outdoor and recreational activities. If there is no substantial, non-concrete shelter nearby when a thunderstorm is approaching, get in your car and wait out the storm.
- Make sure to follow the 30-30 rule. As soon as you see lightning, count to 30. If you hear thunder before you reach 30, go indoors or to your car. Make sure that you stop any outdoor activities for at least 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder.
- If no shelter is available, make sure that you crouch low, and that as little of your body is touching the ground.
- Make sure that you stay away from concrete floors or walls. Lightning can travel through any metal wires or bars in concrete walls or flooring, putting you at a greater risk.
- Avoid water during a thunderstorm as lightning can travel through plumbing.
- Avoid multiple types of electronic equipment during a thunderstorm. Lightning can travel through electrical systems, radio and television reception systems, and corded phones. Cordless and cellular devices are safe to use.
Please keep all of those tips and tricks in mind next time you encounter a thunder or lightning storm. Your friends here at SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle want you happy and healthy!
Don’t burn the chicken… or the house!
With Summer comes the long awaited grilling season! There’s something that feels special about warm weather, sunshine and food on the grill. However, just because grilling season is fantastic, it doesn’t mean that there are no safety risks associated. Keep reading below to find out some of SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle’s favorite grilling safety tips:
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your home at all times. This includes the garage, any carports or porches. Along with that, don’t place your grill under any wooden overhangs.
- Make sure you regularly clean your grill. Built-up grease and fat will only provide more fuel for a potential fire.
- Consistently check for any gas leaks.
- Keep flammable items, including decorations, away from your grill at all times.
- Make sure you keep a fire extinguisher within reach of your grill.
- You should also consider keeping a small spray bottle handy for any minor flare-ups that may occur.
- NEVER leave your grill unattended.
This summer please stay safe and practice these safety tips while grilling for yourself, family and friends. If you do unfortunately find yourself in a situation where you need assistance cleaning up after a grilling session gone wrong, SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle is here to help. Just give us a quick phone call at 914-684-1560.
Soot Damage and the Shocking Facts.
Here at SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle, we take the state of your home and your health very seriously. This includes soot damage, which our SERVPRO staff and technicians have been trained to deal with. Due to this, we are able to provide you with the best service possible if you are suffering from soot damage in your home. It may be from numerous sources, as any material that can burn is able to produce soot, including candles, cooking oils, tobacco smoke, etc. Regardless, SERVPRO is here to help as soon as possible, so the impact felt on both your health and your home, is as minimal as possible. Keep reading below to find out some information about soot damage that may shock you:
- Did you know that sustained exposure to soot-polluted air and particles can possibly result in a vast array of health effects? This includes asthma, bronchitis, etc.
- Within minutes of soot exposure, plastic surfaces in your home can discolor and turn yellow.
- Within hours, surfaces in your home such as metal can tarnish, fiberglass can yellow and tile grout can become stained.
- Countertops and appliances may also yellow within mere hours of soot exposure.
- Within days, painted walls can permanently yellow, clothing and upholstery can stain, metals can begin to pit and corrode and vinyl floors could need to be replaced.
- Fast-forward a few weeks and glass, china and crystal can begin to etch and pit, audio and video tapes can begin to distort, and carpet fibers can become permanently yellow and discolored.
Due to these very serious facts, SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle do not take soot damage lightly. If you suspect you have soot damage in your home for any reason, please give us a call at 914-684-1560. We are more than happy to help.