Don't Slip... Or Slide!
Now that the holidays are over, the cold can seem dreary and unwelcome instead of festive and seasonal. The cold weather when mixed with precipitation can unfortunately turn into very serious, hazardous weather. Normally annoying but not necessarily dangerous weather can quickly turn the roads into a gigantic ice rink. If you find yourself out on the roads during one of these occurrences, keep reading for SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle's best tips and tricks to stay safe:
- Invest in winter tires.
- Take it EASY on the brakes.
- Don't use cruise control.
- If you find yourself actively sliding, don't hit the brakes. Gently steer in the direction of the way you are sliding to gain control.
- Double your following distance from other vehicles.
- Remember to turn on your headlights, they are crucial to ample vision on the road.
- Keep adequate clothing, blankets, non-perishable food and water in your car in case you find yourself stranded on the roads.
If you have any other questions about tips & tricks to keep safe on icy roads, don't hesitate to give SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle a call. We can be reached at 914-684-1560.