4th of July Safety Tips!
Summer just arrived and it seems like it’s already FLYING by! This upcoming weekend is approaching fast, and that means Independence Day festivities will begin. While grilling and fireworks are the highlight of every celebration, they can also pose large safety risks. Keep reading for some of SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle’s favorite Independence Day safety tips:
- Make sure that your grill is located in a space away from any porches, overhangs and structures to prevent any possible fires.
- Designate one specific person who is knowledgeable enough, and not under the influence of alcohol, to tend to the grill.
- NEVER leave a lit or hot grill unattended, even for a few seconds.
- Before you decide to ignite any fireworks, be sure to read the safety and performance descriptions to ensure that you’re handling the fireworks safely.
- Be sure to designate one responsible and sober adult to ignite all fireworks and keep children away.
- Make sure you are using the fireworks away from any vehicles and structures.
- ALWAYS have a bucket of water, charged hose and a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Remember, pets and fireworks don’t mix. Bring your fur babies inside and into a secure and isolated room while fireworks are being set off.
All of us here at SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle hope that you enjoy the upcoming holiday weekend, safely of course. If you do by chance need us, we are just one phone call away at 914-684-1560.