Spring is the time for tenants to move! Don't forget a proper clean up!
New York comes alive in the spring and people get MOVING!
When tenants move it is very similar to a post-construction clean-up job and it is important to make sure that your building or complex is safe, clean, and ready for tenants.
Post-construction and moving cleanups can be tricky. When moving into a new space it makes a huge difference to start with a clean slate.
We created a cleaning checklist that explains everything you need to do to complete a post-construction/tenant move-out cleanup job right.
- Vacuum all carpets
- Sweep or dust hard floor surfaces
- Sponge countertops
- Mop hard floors
- Clean all windows
- Wipe all mirrors
- Clean all windowsills
- Clean exterior lights
- Remove paint from/clean hinges
- Dust all handrails and banisters
- Clean toilets (don’t forget the base & tank!)
- Remove boxes, tape, plastic, stickers, etc
- Clean and dust the tops and sides of doors
- Sanitize/clean doorknobs and light switches
- Clean cabinets inside and out
- Dust grates and vents
- Clean the inside of closets
- Wipe down the interior masonry
- Pick up trash & debris on the lawn
- Clean all appliances (pull out and clean)
- Wipe down tables and chairs
- Add mats at all doors to catch outside dirt
- Freshen up the air by opening windows
- Empty all trash cans/recycling bins and dispose of all trash
This list should give you a good outline to start but some people would prefer to pay an expert.
For jobs that are too big, require quick turn around or are just overwhelming please call in SERVPRO of New Rochelle and White Plains.
You can trust us to make sure the process goes smoothly.
Moving can be super stressful.
Take out the cleaning component by trusting us to do it for you.