How to Protect Your Property from Strong Winds.
While you can’t prevent stormy and windy weather from happening, there are some simple tips that can prevent your home from being severely damaged in the process. Keep reading below for some tips from your friends at SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle, and how we know you can protect your property from strong winds:
- Make sure you review your homeowners policy and verify any coverage you might need.
- Protect any windows or glass doors with storm shutters.
- Reinforce any doors that could fail under wind pressure.
- Think about trimming or removing any dead, damaged or rotting trees or limbs from your property.
- Secure any objects that are outside your home including patio and lawn furniture, gutters, etc.
- Think about replacing any gravel or rock landscaping material for softer options, like mulch. During strong winds, gravel and rock have the potential to do great damage, such as shredding vinyl siding.
Follow our tips and tricks to prevent any serious damage if you find yourself and your home in the midst of strong winds. If you did everything you could and still fell victim to those pesky winds, SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle is happy to help. Give us a call at 914-684-1560 and we will be happy to aid in any water damage remediation or tree removal services, 24/7.