Spring is almost here!
Spring is just weeks away, which means warmer temperatures, more sunshine and overall better weather. However, before we can fully soak up all the benefits of Spring, we must endure the increased rainfall that the month of April tends to bring with it. While this precipitation paves the way for the bloom of beautiful flowers, it can be a real bummer while we find ourselves in the midst of multiple rainstorms. Keep reading to learn some tips and tricks on how to deal with, and how to prevent home damage from these pesky storms:
- Make sure that your gutters are completely clear from any and all debris. It’s ideal to make an effort to clean them at least twice a year.
- Make sure that your rain spouts are attached to downspouts that are directed away from the foundation of your residence.
- Be sure to clear any limbs and trim any concerning trees on your property.
- If your yard tends to accumulate large puddles of water, look into different drainage options.
- If you do have drainage systems in place already, make sure that they are functioning correctly.
- Keep an eye out for any wet spots on ceilings and or any obvious leaks coming from the roof. This will require the help of a roofing professional to prevent any further damage.
If you unfortunately find yourself in a situation where you have interior water damage from a Spring rainstorm, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of White Plains & New Rochelle at 914-684-1560. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.