Keep it clean.
As of May 15th Phase One of reopening non-essential businesses has begun in the state of New York. The five types of businesses that can open are Construction, Manufacturing, Wholesale trade, Retail (curbside pickup only), Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing. There are shared requirements for each group of businesses:
- All employees must have masks and they need to be employer provided.
- All workers must practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart
- Any visitors or customers visiting these places for business need to also wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer must be provided
The retail businesses that will open will need to follow additional guidelines:
- During curbside pickup, employees and purchasers in vehicles must wear a mask; gloves are recommended.
- For in-store pickup, the customer has to order ahead or prearrange orders.
- No more than 50 percent of maximum occupancy
- Patrons in store must wear masks
Even though our area has not begun to open back up, preparations can be made if you are a small business owner in Westchester County. All other areas that did not begin Phase One remain on lock down and will be re-evaluated May 28th. This time also gives small business owners the time needed to get essential supplies and set up protocols to maintain requirements for Phase One. These guidelines also include having spaces cleaned by a professional and qualified company on a regular basis.
SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle can help you with those needs with our experienced and trained technicians. SERVPRO has established a defensive cleaning program that goes beyond janitorial and carpet cleaning. This is a proactive viral pathogen cleaning that helps ensure the cleanliness of the restaurants, businesses and public spaces in the communities we call home.