This winter has been a wash out. The expectation of snow has given way to the disappointment of rain, and lots of it.This time of year everything is usually frozen and there is no worry of flooding or leaking roofs but the ground has been over saturated ,basements are beginning to flood and roofs are leaking. Have you taken steps to protect your home from over saturation and heavy rain?
Here are some ways you can protect your home:
- Sump Pump - Have a contractor install a sump pump in your basement to drain any water back outside that may enter your basement.
- Backwater Valve - Have this device installed to prevent city sewage from backing up into your home.
- Roof / Chimney Inspection - have your roof inspected on a regular basis to check for damage and repair as needed to prevent leaks. Water can seep in through cracks on your chimney so have any cracks repaired immediately.
- Property Inspection - if you notice areas on your property that are collecting water or over saturated contact a landscaping company to see what your options would be to rectify those areas.
- Gutter Cleaning - make sure your rain gutters are clear of all debris. Have your gutters cleaned on a regular basis to ensure there is no spill over of water into your home.
These tips will help you keep your home free of damage and dry. If you do have an issue with flooding and water intrusion , call us here at SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle . We are open 24 hours a day , 365 days a year. We look forward to serving all the communities in our area:
- White Plains
- New Rochelle
- Rye Brook
- Port Chester
Our certified and experienced technicians are ready to help you get your home back to “Like it never even happened.”