The groundhog was wrong!
The weather has been a little bit wild lately. We went from sub zero temperatures with snow and ice to close to 60 degrees with rain only days later. The extreme changes in the weather definitely takes a toll on the trees in our neighborhoods and our own yards. Today's weather only compounds the strain on our trees, with wind gusts up to 50mph there is likely to be many branches and trees that will be blown down. Here are some preventative measures we can take to help with the issue of falling trees in White Plains and the New Rochelle area.
- Trees that are old or diseased should be removed in a controlled manner to prevent them from becoming a dangerous and damaging projectile during a severe weather event.
- Ensure that your property has proper drainage and that there is not large pools of water or oversaturated areas in your yard. Trees that are growing in loose, wet soil will give way and come crashing down a lot faster than trees that are rooted in solid soil.
- If the tree has fallen on your home, make sure everyone is ok.
- Do not walk up to the tree right away, look around for any power lines that may have been knocked down when the tree fell. If there are wires on the ground, do not go near the tree and call the police and the power company immediately.
- Call your insurance company and if it is safe, take pictures for your records and for the insurance company too.
Contact us at SERVPRO of White Plains. We will place a tarp over your roof if needed and carry out any board up service that may be required. We can also clean up any water that may be inside your home. The process of boarding up any exposed areas as well as tarping will prevent anyone from entering your home as well as keep out any rain,snow or debris.
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of White Plains has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. Contact us and we will make it “Like it never even happened."