Falling Trees and Storm Damage
Late summer is upon us, which means possible serious storms in the North East
A common occurrence during large storms is trees falling on and damaging your property. Don’t wait until it happens. Be prepared for this type of storm emergency. Here are 5 steps to take to prevent the issues of falling trees in the White Plains and New Rochelle area.
- Trees that are old or diseased can easily succumb to flooding and windy storms. Go ahead and remove hazardous trees before a storm approaches.
- In the event a tree does fall on your property, first, make sure everyone is okay. Leave your home if you feel unsafe inside the property.
- Look to see if there are any wires or power lines hanging and if they are, call the police and the power company.
- Call your insurance company and if you can safely do so, take pictures.
- Contact us at SERVPRO of White Plains/ New Rochelle. We will place a tarp on the roof if needed. We will also carry out any board up services required and clean up any water inside the home. Boarding up parts of the home that have structural damage will help with your insurance claim and also deter any vandals while you are away from your home.
*TIP: The nature of emergency situations, often do not allow you to check licenses or BBB reports. It’s best to have a trusted restoration and storm cleanup company in mind before things like this happen. Contact SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle to receive a free Emergency Readiness Plan. This plan will organize all the necessary steps and information you will need in the event of storm damage, water damage, fire damage, and cleanup.
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of White Plains and New Rochelle has highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs. Contact us and we will make it "Like it never happened.”